So your travel agent said you can see Kangaroo Island in a day….
Following are some well known islands drawn to the same scale – (lines of latitude are equal).
As you can see, Kangaroo Island deserves as long as your itinerary will permit.
If you absolutely, really, definitely can’t spend more than one day on Kangaroo Island, day tours are available from various sources, but please bear in mind:
- The island is 145 km long
- by nearly 60 km wide
- with about 500 km of coastline.
- There are dozens of rivers and bays
- Nature reserves, conservation parks etc
- Huge areas of wilderness.
- There are lots of fascinating natural attractions
- and local industries worth visiting
- as well as good restaurants to try
- Swimming in summer
- Meeting the:
- eucalyptus trees